miRagen Therapeutics, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company founded to harness the power of microRNA (miRNA) biology. The company combines strong in-house expertise in microRNA biology and chemistry with external partnerships and academic collaborations that leverage best-in-class technologies. Together with its strategic partners, miRagen is focused on the discovery and development of innovative microRNA-based therapeutics in disease areas with high unmet medical need.
miRagen Therapeutics is currently seeking an experienced senior scientist to support new target development efforts. Primary duties include:
- Design, implement, and interpret experiments to identify and validate new drug candidates;
- Evaluate drug candidates for relative efficacy in vitro and in vivo;
- Assess drug efficacy and safety in animal models of disease via in-house activities, CROs, and/or collaborative partnerships;
- Analyze PK/PD relationship for oligonucleotide drug candidates;
- Assess functional biodistribution of unformulated and formulated oligonucleotide compounds;
- Work effectively in a collaborative, cross-functional setting to advance drug discovery and development programs across the organization;
- Communicate effectively with team members and colleagues, and present work at internal meetings.
Suitable candidates will possess an advanced degree in Biological Sciences, Molecular Biology, or related field, and a minimum of 5 years demonstrated experience in drug discovery and development. Strong working knowledge in molecular biology, histology, molecular pharmacology, and animal models of disease preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of disease pathways and disease-related biological targets;
- Thorough understanding of RNA-mediated gene regulation and its role in disease;
- Solid technical ability and hands-on experience with RNA and protein analysis including analytical gel electrophoresis, qPCR, ELISA and western blotting;
- Experience with oligonucleotide therapeutics;
- Demonstrated creativity and independent judgment
- Willingness to be flexible and adaptable;
- Experience working collaboratively with industry and academic partners;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to work and communicate effectively within a multi-disciplinary team;
- Strong initiative and ability to work effectively under general supervision;
- A track record of peer-reviewed scientific publications, scientific meeting presentations, patent composition, and/or technical writing.