Title: Senior Accounting Manager
Reports to: Corporate Controller
Department: G & A
miRagen Therapeutics, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company founded to harness the power of microRNA (miRNA) biology. The company combines strong in-house expertise in microRNA biology and chemistry with external partnerships and academic collaborations that leverage best-in-class technologies. Together with its strategic partners, miRagen is focused on the discovery and development of innovative microRNA-based therapeutics in disease areas with high unmet medical need.
The Company is looking for someone who is a self-motivated, proven leader, with experience managing public accounting or general ledger teams.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage all accounting functions within the company
- Manage the month-end close and financial reporting, including: Revenue/AR, AP, and GL
- Prepare financial statements and related monthly/quarterly internal/external reporting
- Primary external auditor contact; manage all aspects of audits and reviews
- Lead team of 5+ employees, managing growth of team as company grows
- Manage payroll function of the company
- Manage accounting for stock awards, maintain related software, and perform all related reporting as a stock plan administrator
- Participate heavily in the SEC reporting process
- Perform accounting research and prepare quarterly accounting memos
- Manage specific internal control environment cycles and managing internal control/SOX activities for those cycles
- Prepare and/or coordinate annual tax returns
- Ad hoc projects and assignments
Required Qualifications and General Skills:
- Certified Public Accountant
- Public accounting experience
- 7-10+ years public accounting and/or general accounting experience
- Manager experience at a public company or public accounting firm
- Extensive hands-on monthly close experience
- Proven leadership experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated; working independently and fully owning assignments and responsibilities
- Ability to prioritize work and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to research technical accounting literature and derive the appropriate accounting policy
- Experience with technical areas of accounting including accounting for stock-based compensation, revenue recognition (ASC 605), financial reporting, etc.
- Ability to identify areas for process improvement and implement solutions, including team member change management and training
- Strong attention to detail
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume in PDF format to email@example.com.